Restaurant Insurance: Don’t forget to compare prices and cover

Research from the British Hospitality Association (BHA) in 2009 found that there were 27,502 restaurants across the UK.  In addition, there were 31,000 fast food outlets.  Whatever sort of takeaway or restaurant you own, you’ll need to ensure you have the right insurance protection.  But how do you avoid paying over the odds for cover?

Increasing numbers of people now use an online service to research restaurant insurance, compare policy benefits and to obtain quotations for cover.  Our guide looks at how you can use the web to learn more about restaurant insurance, compare the policies on offer and save money.

Compare restaurant insurance prices at the click of a mouse

The internet has revolutionised the way many people obtain bistro, wine bar or restaurant insurance quotes.  Rather than ringing round individual brokers or insurers to find the right policy at the right price, you can now get a range of restaurant insurance quotes easily from the comfort of your own living room.

For example, our website requires you to complete just one form.  You provide your personal details and information about your restaurant (value of contents, type of restaurant, security details and so on) and we’ll do the rest.  You’ll then benefit from tailor made quotes from a panel of specialist restaurant insurers.

Compare both price and the quality of restaurant insurance cover

While you’ll be looking to keep your restaurant insurance premiums as low as possible it’s important that you also compare the quality of the policies on offer.

Choosing the cheapest restaurant insurance quote might save you money but you may later find that important risks are not covered under the policy.  This could leave you out of pocket at a later date.

When researching restaurant insurance, compare the cover on offer and whether policies include:

  • Public liability insurance – cover to protect you against injury sustained by a member of the public or damage to their property whilst on your premises
  • Employer’s liability insurance – cover to protect you against claims made by your employees for injury or damage sustained whilst working at your premises
  • Business interruption insurance – cover to protect your cashflow in the event you can’t open your restaurant due to a claim under an insured risk (such as fire or flood)
  • Buildings and contents insurance – cover to protect your restaurant premises and the value of your stock, takings, fixtures, fittings and furniture

Article courtesy of where you can compare insurance  online for cafes and restaurants.

Comments are closed.