Getting insurance for a classic car is a bit different from regular car insurance. Most regular insurance providers will not offer competitive rates for classic car insurance, which is why it’s better to get insurance from a specialist provider. Specialist classic car insurance providers will be able to offer a policy that covers all the particular risks that come with owning a classic car at an affordable rate.
Do I Need Classic Car Insurance?
If you only use your classic car on rare occasions then you could be forgiven for thinking that insurance is an unnecessary expense. You must realize however, that the risks that come with owning a classic car are not only those that come from driving the vehicle.
Because of their prestige and high value, classic cars are often targeted by thieves and vandals. Even if you have your car securely locked in a garage when not in use, it’s still at risk so it’s always a good idea to get it protected.
The Benefits of Getting Classic Car Insurance Online
There are some key benefits to getting your classic car insured online. These include –
- Get a highly tailored policy
- Save time
- Save money
- Get quotes easily
- No hard sell
- All cover options available
- Owner’s club discounts
- Easy claims process
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will cover your classic car if it’s involved in a collision of any kind. This type of cover is most recommended for classic car owners.
- Third Party Only – The cheapest insurance option available is third party only. As the name suggests, you’ll only be covered for collisions where another driver is liable.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – This type of cover will provide better protection, with fire and theft now both covered in the policy.
- Agreed Valuation Policy – Because classic cars do not have a set market value, it’s important that you and your insurance provider both agree on its value. This way there are no disputes when a claim is made.
- Cover for Shows & Exhibitions – A lot of classic car owners like to show off their vehicle at shows and exhibitions. It’s always reassuring to know that your car will be covered at these events.
- European Cover – When travelling overseas with your classic car, you’ll need additional cover to protect your vehicle.
Ways to Save Money
- Join an Owner’s Club – Members of classic car owner’s clubs are often given discounts by insurance providers so if you’re not already a member of one, it’s definitely worth joining.
- Consider a Limited Mileage Policy – Limited mileage policies are an excellent way to cut down the cost of classic car insurance. Many classic car owners do not use their vehicle for every day purposes. If this sounds like you then a limited mileage policy would be the best fit.
- Pay for the Policy Upfront – If you can pay for the full 12 months of a policy when taking it out, then you’ll almost certainly be offered a significant discount from any insurance providers you contact.
- Get a Lot of Quotes – With the ease of getting quotes nowadays, there’s no good excuse not to do this.
Finding Quotes Online
Whilst you’ll have no trouble finding classic car insurance providers online (have a look at http://www.bishopcalway.co.uk), you want to make sure that you get quotes in the easiest way possible. By far the best way to get classic car insurance quotes is by using an insurance comparison site. An insurance comparison site will enable you to get quotes from many different classic car insurance providers in the quickest and easiest way possible.
The great thing about getting insurance quotes online is that there’s no hard sell. You simply compare the quotes you receive and pick the one that’s best.